The Laguna Youth Baseball Board of Directors has been working hard behind the scenes and we are so excited to announce that we have a schedule in place! We apologize about the length of this e-mail, but we ask that you please read it thoroughly, as we tried to address many questions and concerns that we think you may have!
Please keep in mind that these dates are TENTATIVE (times will be TBD) and are dependent upon what tier Sacramento County finds itself and CSD releasing the fields that we have reserved to us, but we are VERY hopeful that we will get these kids out on the fields to play some much-anticipated baseball!
Friday, February 26, 2021
- Online registration will close. You may register your child to play on our website at http://lagunayouthbaseball.com/Site/Registration
- $170.00 for Upper Division Players (AA, AAA, Minors and Majors)
- $140.00 for Lower Division Players (Rookies and Single A)
- FULL REFUNDS WILL BE AVAILABLE SHOULD LYB BE UNABLE TO HOLD A DRAFT (SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION)
Saturday, February 27, 2021
- All-Divisions Coaches’ Clinic. Once the Coaches’ Clinic is over, the Lower Division Coaches may leave, and the Upper Division Coaches will remain for the Evaluation Clinic (previously known as “Assessments”).
- Evaluation Clinic (previously known as “Assessments”). Players in the Upper Division (AA, AAA, Minors and Majors) will be evaluated for the upcoming draft for placement on a team.
- Walk-up registration will be available on Saturday, February 27, 2021, however, we HIGHLY encourage you to register by Friday, February 26, 2021, if possible.
Saturday, March 6, 2021
- This will be a back-up date for the All-Divisions Coaches’ Clinic and Evaluation Clinic that is to be held on Saturday, February 27, 2021. PLEASE NOTE: THIS DATE WILL ONLY BE USED IF WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT US TO HOLD THE EVENTS ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2021. THIS IS NOT A BACK-UP DATE IF YOUR CHILD CANNOT MAKE THE FEBRUARY 27, 2021 DATE – IF WE HOLD THE EVENTS ON FEBRUARY 27, 2021, THIS MARCH 6, 2021 DATE WILL NOT BE HELD.
Friday, March 12, 2021 and/or Saturday, March 13, 2021
- Upper Division Drafts. AA, AAA, Minors and Majors drafts will be held at a location TBD. These will either take place the evening of Friday, March 12, 2021 and/or all day on Saturday, March 13, 2021.
Monday, March 15, 2021
- Practices begin this week! Your coach will be in touch with your practice schedule.
Saturday, April 10, 2021
If all goes to plan as outlined above, the season will end on May 22, 2020 and playoffs will be held May 24, 2021 through May 29, 2021.
As stated above, these dates are TENTATIVE. If there is anything we have learned from COVID, it is that we need to have some back-up plans in place. By giving ourselves almost four (4) weeks between the drafts and opening day, we give ourselves some wiggle room if we are still in the purple tier or if CSD has not yet released the fields to LYB.
If the draft is pushed back to Saturday, March 27, 2021, this will give the season an end date of June 12, 2021.
The Board of Directors has decided that if we cannot have a draft completed before Saturday, March 27, 2021, we will NOT hold a season. If we cannot hold a draft by Saturday, March 27, 2021, COMPLETE refunds will be issued within 5-7 business days from Saturday, March 27, 2021.
We understand that you may be hesitant to pay full registration fees because of the fear of not getting a full refund. PLEASE UNDERSTAND, LAGUNA YOUTH BASEBALL WILL NOT HOLD A DRAFT UNLESS WE ARE POSITIVE WE CAN GET A SEASON IN FOR THESE KIDS. If an unforeseen event occurs after the draft has taken place and the season has begun, partial refunds will be given.
The worst-case scenario for Lower Divisions (Rookie and Single A) would be a 13-game season and for Upper Divisions (AA, AAA, Minors and Majors) a 14-game season. We know we are all used to 16-game seasons, but 13 games sure beats not having a season at all!
Other dates (scorekeepers clinic, team representative meeting, picture day, All-American Dinner, Home Run Derby) will be announced at a later time.
We mentioned in a previous e-mail that this season will probably look a little different. COVID has caused a lot of supply chain issues in-regards to uniforms. Because of the supply issues, the Board has agreed that we need to order uniforms as soon as possible, which will more than likely be before the February 27, 2021 Evaluation Clinic. When you register your child to play, you will be asked their uniform shirt size and if you register within the next week or so, we will be able to guarantee your child will have the shirt size you’ve requested. If you register your child after uniforms are ordered, we will do our absolute best to get your child the proper size, but we ask that you keep in mind that we are having to order uniforms for children without having all sizes known as we have in previous years.
LYB will be providing two (2) jerseys for each player (a home jersey and an away jersey), as well as a pair of socks. The hats will be the same LYB logo hats that we had last season.
The Board understands that LYB families have grown accustomed to MLB logo jerseys and hats, however, because of the inability to fundraise last year and the supply and shipping issues caused by COVID, we hope you understand the changes in uniforms that we have to make for this year. It is MUCH more important for us to see the kids out on the field, rather than what they are wearing out on the field.
We will strongly follow the guidelines as set forth by the CDC and the Department of Health and Human Services. Hand sanitizer will be provided to each coach and should be used in between each half-inning. Social distancing will be practiced when applicable, including spacing out players on the bench in the dugouts and perhaps utilizing the benches that would normally be used for fans. Fans will be encouraged to sit with their immediate families and keep a distance from other families. Masks should be worn unless playing out on the field. Equipment will be wiped down after each use. Catchers gear will be sanitized after each use.
We are also strongly encouraging players to utilize their own equipment this year, including batting helmets and bats. We understand this isn’t going to be possible for all families, and LYB will still provide bats and helmets, but the less these items have to be shared, the better.
As with everything nowadays, these things may change in the next few weeks or months, and we will adapt to whatever is recommended.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
We know in this day and age that finding Lysol or any other type of disinfectant spray is like hitting the lottery, but if you happen to find any of these items when you are out and about and can donate these to the League, we would be GREATLY appreciative. If you can donate bleach disinfectant wipes or hand sanitizers, we would be GREATLYappreciative. Every little bit helps!
Again, we apologize about the length of this e-mail, but it is our goal to get out as much information as possible so there is no miscommunication. If you have concerns or questions that we haven’t addressed here, please feel free to reach out to us because we are here to help!
NOW LET’S GO REGISTER AND GET THESE KIDS BACK OUT ON THE FIELDS!!!